More service on Milton Line & other adjustments starting June 24
Two more Milton Line trips, updated Niagara Falls trip times, changes to GO Bus Route 21 and more.
Jun 20, 2023
Changes to GO Train and bus schedules start June 24.
This includes an additional round trip for Milton Line GO Train customers.
Departure times for some GO Train trips to and from Niagara Falls are also changing.
There are also additional new express trips for GO Bus Route 21 customers. This bus will run express to Clarkson GO instead of making stops along the way, saving Meadowvale and Lisgar GO riders 10 minutes.
June GO service changes
Metrolinx is always looking to improve the customer experience and respond to changes in demand. That’s why GO Transit service and schedules are updated multiple times a year. Sometimes this means new train and bus trips are added, other times it involves tweaking schedules to better align with other transit connections.
Here are the major updates in this round of service changes, which start June 24:
- Two more trips on the Milton GO Line. One in the morning rush-hour leaving Milton GO at 7:59 a.m., and one in the afternoon rush-hour leaving Union Station at 5:10 p.m.
- Some Niagara Falls GO Train trips are changing to better accommodate customers going to events, like Blue Jays games. One weekday train and two Saturday trains are being shifted later
- A new express option for GO Bus Route 21 customers. New GO Bus Route 21D runs directly from Lisgar and Meadowvale GO to Clarkson GO, saving customers 10 minutes compared to the all-stops option
- More GO Bus service is being added on routes 30 and 31 for customers along the Kitchener Line (including Mount Pleasant, Brampton and Bramalea GO)
- Route 70 and 71 schedules have been redesigned. Some route 70 trips have been removed and replaced with new route 71 trips to create a one-seat ride for more Stouffville Line customers
Travelling with a bike on the GO? Check out these tips before you travel.
There are also minor schedule adjustments on the Lakeshore West and Kitchener lines, and changes to train lengths on the Barrie and Lakeshore West GO Lines.
Want more information?
For the full list of changes and new schedules, head to the GO Transit schedule changes webpage.
And to receive the real-time information on Milton Line service or any other GO route, subscribe to On the GO Alerts. You can sign up for customized emails or text messages and stay up to date on delays, cancellations and other important transit information as it happens.
by Scott Money Metrolinx editorial content manager