More GO trips, including Lakeshore West and Kitchener GO express trains
Minor adjustments being made to schedules on the Stouffville and Milton Lines.
Dec 1, 2022
Starting Monday, Dec. 5, Metrolinx is bringing back more express trip options on the Lakeshore West and Kitchener lines, giving people faster trip options.
There will be some schedule adjustments on these, plus the Stouffville and Milton Lines.
Lakeshore West Eastbound:
- The 5:57 a.m. trip from Niagara Falls will now leave at 6:41 a.m. and run express to Clarkson and onto Union Station arriving at 9:04 a.m.
- The 6:54 a.m. and 7:24 a.m. trips from Hamilton GO Centre will leave three minutes earlier and run express to Clarkson and onto Union Station, arriving in Toronto at 8:02 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
Lakeshore West Westbound
- The 4:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. trips to Hamilton GO Centre will leave 17 minutes earlier and run express to Clarkson- arriving in Hamilton at 5:26 p.m. and 5:56 p.m.
- The 5:30 p.m. trip to Niagara Falls will leave 17 minutes earlier at 5:17 p.m. and run express to Clarkson - arriving in Niagara Falls at 7:37 p.m.
- Some Lakeshore West trips will also depart from Union Station up to four minutes earlier. Check schedules before you travel.
Kitchener Line Eastbound Morning Trips:
- The 5:30 a.m. trip from Kitchener GO will depart 16 minutes earlier, at 5:14 a.m., arriving at Union Station at 6:58 a.m.
- At 6:30 a.m., a new trip will leave Georgetown GO at 6:30 a.m., making all stops, arriving at Union Station at 7:28 a.m.
- The 6:45 a.m. and 7:15 a.m. departures from from Kitchener GO will leave seven minutes earlier, at 6:38 a.m. and 7:08 a.m., bypassing Malton, Etobicoke North, Weston and Bloor GO stations - arriving at Union Station at 8:13 a.m. and 8:43 a.m
Kitchener Line Westbound Evening Trips:
- The 4:04 p.m. westbound trip from Union Station will now end at Bramalea GO
- The 4:34 p.m. trip to London will depart will depart 15 minutes earlier at 4:19 p.m., this trip will run express from Bramalea and make all stops to London – arriving at 8:19 p.m.
- The 5:04 p.m. trip from Union Station will leave 15 minutes earlier, at 4:49 p.m. and run express from Bramalea, arriving at Kitchener GO at 8:28 p.m
- At 5:19 p.m. a new trip will depart Union Station, running express to Bramalea arriving at Kitchener GO at 6:58 p.m.
- The 5:49 p.m. trip from Union Station will now run express to Bramalea-, , arriving at Kitchener GO at 7:32 p.m.
More Kitchener Line trips throughout the day:
- Two additional eastbound trips will depart Bramalea GO at 5:24 p.m. and 6:24 p.m., bypassing Etobicoke North, arriving at Union Station at 5:58 p.m. and 6:58 p.m.
- Three more trips will leave from Union Station at 6:34 a.m., 7:34 a.m., and 8:04 a.m., bypassing Etobicoke North, arriving at Bramalea GO at 7:10 a.m., 8:10 a.m., and 8:40 a.m.
- Some trains will make longer than normal scheduled stops at Kennedy GO station to give customers extra time to board their trains during platform construction.
- Some southbound trips will depart up to two minutes earlier to better reflect actual travel times.
- The 5:55 p.m. westbound trip from Union Station will depart five minutes later, at 6 p.m., arriving at Milton GO at 7 p.m.
As always, check the schedules before traveling to make sure you get to your platform at the right time.
by Mike Winterburn Metrolinx News senior writer