Stouffville Line GO Expansion
- Old Elm GO Station
Old Elm GO Station
The new Old Elm GO Station is now complete.
Located at 12958 Tenth Line in the Town of Stouffville, it replaces the previous station on Bethesda Road, which is adjacent to the layover facility where Metrolinx stores and maintains GO Trains.
The new and improved Old Elm GO Station provides customers with modern station amenities including more convenient access to the station and platforms, additional vehicle and bike parking, an improved and integrated bus loop, heated shelters, and a covered platform.
Relocating Old Elm GO Station also allowed for the expansion of the existing Lincolnville layover facility, which enables future service increases on the Stouffville Line as part of the GO Expansion program.
As outlined in the GO Expansion business case, 15 minute service, or better, will be offered between Unionville and Union Stations on the Stouffville Line.
Renaming of Lincolnville GO Station to Old Elm GO Station
In preliminary plans for the new station, a 200-year-old elm tree was slated for removal to clear a path for the new bus loop.
However, after consultation with the community and stakeholders in 2019, the importance of the tree was clear, and its preservation quickly emerged as a top priority for the project.
On November 15, 2019, Metrolinx publicly announced that the bus loop will be re-routed around the old elm tree to preserve it.
On October 16, 2021, the station was officially renamed Old Elm GO Station to honour the historic elm tree.
The following features of the new, relocated Old Elm GO station will offer improved station access, providing customers a safer and more enjoyable transit experience.
- Accessible platform
- Heated shelters, a platform canopy, and a platform snow-melting system
- Passenger pick-up and drop-off area for 24 vehicles adjacent to the platform
- Passenger-designated waiting area
- Enhanced pedestrian and cycling access and amenities, including 35 standard bike racks
- Bus loop to connect you with bus connections
- Barrier-free access to parking for 673 vehicles (654 standard parking stalls, 15 barrier-free accessibility stalls, and 4 stalls for scooters/motorbikes)
- New signalized intersections at the bus entrance and the main entrance to accommodate increased vehicle traffic
- PRESTO machines and a ticket vending machine
In the news
Old Elm GO Station is now complete
Located at 12958 Tenth Line in the Town of Stouffville, the new station replaces the previous station on Bethesda Road, which is adjacent to the layover facility where Metrolinx stores and maintains GO Trains.
Customers will benefit from modern station amenities and faster service at Old Elm GO. [Read More]
Find more updates on Discover.
Subscribe to e-newsletter
Sign-up for Stouffville line updates
Subscribe for the latest news from Metrolinx. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Extending the Eglinton Crosstown LRT 9.2 km farther west into Etobicoke and Mississauga.
We're transforming the Kitchener Line into a two-way, all-day rapid transit line.
More trips, more trains, more of what you need.