Old Elm GO Station is now complete
Customers will benefit from modern station amenities and faster service at Old Elm GO.
Oct 30, 2023
The new and improved Old Elm GO Station is now open to customers.
Located at 12958 Tenth Line in the Town of Stouffville, the new station replaces the previous station on Bethesda Road, which is adjacent to the layover facility where Metrolinx stores and maintains GO Trains.
The new station is part of the larger GO Expansion Program, which includes $11 billion in early work projects currently underway to add more stations, tracks and enhanced customer experience.
The new and improved Old Elm station provides customers with modern station amenities including safer and easier access to the station and platforms, additional vehicle and bike parking, an improved and integrated bus loop, heated shelters, and a covered platform.
Customers will also benefit from saving a few minutes on their train trips to and from the new station location.
GO customers can now enjoy the following station features:
- Bus loop to connect you with GO bus connections
- Passenger pick-up and drop-off area, adjacent to the platform
- Passenger-designated waiting area
- Enhanced pedestrian and cycling access and amenities, including 35 standard bike racks
- Accessible platform
- Barrier-free access to parking for 673 vehicles (654 standard parking stalls, 15 barrier-free accessibility stalls, and four stalls for scooters/motorbikes)
- Heated shelters, a platform canopy, and a platform snow-melting system
- New signalized intersections at the bus entrance and the main entrance to accommodate increased vehicle traffic
- PRESTO machines and a ticket vending machine
Stouffville Line transformation
Completion of the new and improved Old Elm GO Station is more good news in a series of recent improvements on the Stouffville GO Line. Through GO Expansion, improvements have been happening along the entire corridor, including:
- Track upgrades on the Stouffville Line that enables future two-way, all-day GO Train service between Mount Joy and Union Station, and 15-minute service or better between Unionville GO Station and Union Station
- Major upgrades to Agincourt, Milliken, and Unionville GO Stations to make them safer, more accessible, and with more modern amenities for customers
- A new grade separation at Steeles Avenue in Toronto, which allows vehicles to pass underneath Milliken GO Station without having to stop and wait for trains to pass
Faster trip times for Old Elm GO customers
The new configuration provides a more direct route to the station, reducing travel times, saving Old Elm customers a few minutes on each trip.
Due to the opening of the new station, Stouffville Line schedules have also been adjusted, with all southbound trips departing Old Elm three minutes later, and all northbound trips arriving at Old Elm two minutes earlier. Starting in November, customers will benefit from two additional trips between Old Elm and Union Station.
Schedules at all other stops will remain the same and there will be no GO bus schedule changes at this station.
For more information on how to access the new station, station amenities and Stouffville line schedules please visit www.gotransit.com.
For the latest on upgrades across the GO rail network follow @GOExpansion on Twitter and Instagram.
by Jocelyn Stenner Metrolinx capital communications senior advisor