- Dundas BRT Pinch Points
Pinch points along the proposed alignment are identified, assessed and evaluated.
Two pinch points within Mississauga were identified during engagement with the public:
- Cooksville – Mississauga East
- Erindale Valley – Mississauga West
These pinch points have undergone analyses to understand potential solutions to the challenges identified. The analyses also incorporated public feedback regarding how to address pinch points and evaluate alternative design solutions.
Pinch point assessment
Pinch point assessment using PDBC framework, as outlined below:
How does the investment achieve strategic goals and objectives?
What is the investment’s overall value to society?
What are the financial implications of delivering the investment?
Deliverability / Operations Case
What risks and requirements must be considered for delivering and operating the investment?
How pinch points are evaluated
Public feedback identified environmental considerations as most important, followed by geometrics/infrastructure, traffic and property considerations.
Mobility and Traffic
Environmental Considerations include:
- Natural features (trees, vegetation, watercourses)
- Known cultural/built heritage resources
- Land uses
- Community character
Geometrics/Infrastructure Considerations include:
- Minor vertical and horizontal alignment adjustments
- Multi-modal cross-section (transit lanes, general purpose lanes and active transportation facilities)
- Continuity of infrastructure (transit lanes, active transportation facilities and utilities)
- Capital cost, including technical challenges and complexity and ability to stage construction with managed impacts to traffic and the community*
Pinch point evaluation
Geometrics / Infrastructure Considerations
Mobility and Traffic Considerations
Proposed 24-km rapid transit corridor along Queen St & Hwy 7 in cities of Brampton and Vaughan
Durham-Scarborough BRT proposes approx. 36 km of bus rapid transit across Durham and Scarborough.
Finch West LRT will transform the community from Humber College to Finch West Station.
14 kilometres of modern light rail transit running between McMaster University and Eastgate Square.