Hamilton GO Expansion
More Choices for a Growing City
Hamilton has fast become a destination where more Canadians choose to live, work and play. This vibrant, growing community is rich with history, culture, sports and a booming restaurant scene. With more businesses and residents calling Hamilton their home every year, Metrolinx is working to expand GO Transit service to fit the needs of a burgeoning city.
We’ve doubled rush hour GO Train service for West Harbour Station, and GO Bus 12 began serving Confederation Station in November 2019. That means less rush to the rush hour.
As Hamilton expands and develops, Metrolinx will be right here with them, continuing to deliver more choices for GO Transit service across the board. It’s happening.
projected population growth
in and out
of West Harbour station daily
GO Bus trips between Hamilton
Benefits to the Community:
Bringing more service to Hamilton is one of Metrolinx’s top priorities. Through the GO Expansion program the Hamilton residents will receive more service than there is today with a blend of train and bus services to Hamilton Centre GO, West Harbour and the future Confederation GO Station.
Metrolinx is also building the new Confederation GO Station in Stoney Creek, which will enable two-way train service from Toronto through Hamilton and on to Niagara Falls.
You can read more about the progress at Confederation GO, the expansion of the Centennial Parkway bridge adjacent to the future station site, and about the extensive track work to allow more GO Trains into Hamilton in the future on the Metrolinx News blog.
- Getting rid of the ‘bottlenecks’ – Here’s how GO Expansion of infrastructure through the Hamilton Junction area is moving ahead
- Hamilton’s John Street Bridge gets major rebuild – See the time-lapse video here
- Unlocking More GO Train Service to Hamilton and on to Niagara region
- 2,500 gallons of paint have just been put on the ground of Hamilton GO – find out why every drop matters to passengers
- Metrolinx takes major step to advance Hamilton’s new Confederation station with release of construction tender
- A bridge so close – Drone footage shows expansion of the bridge over Centennial Parkway
Demolitions along Former LRT Corridor
- Metrolinx will begin tearing down 21 unsafe buildings in Hamilton starting December 3
- For safety’s sake – Demolition of vacant properties purchased in Hamilton begin this fall
All proposed new station stops are subject to completion of a full business case analysis.