Richmond Hill Line GO ExpansionMore of the transit you need.
- Bloomington GO Station
Bloomington GO Station
Now open! The all-new Bloomington GO Station is ready to move you around the region.
As part of GO Expansion, the now-open Bloomington station in York Region at Highway 404 and Bloomington Road offers you more service options on the Richmond Hill line. Complete with ample parking for vehicles and bikes, as well as a passenger drop-off and pick-up area, the new station has been designed to keep your commute as easy as possible. You can also now enjoy modern amenities, including waiting areas complete with heated shelters for colder months.
Opened on June 28, 2021, Bloomington GO Station is part of a transformation that will connect York region better than ever before. Whether you’re located in Richmond Hill, Aurora, or Stouffville, Bloomington Station will get you where you need to be better, faster and easier
We've made it easy for you to get in and out of the station, no matter how you get to Bloomington.
- 3 level parking structure with 760 parking spaces in addition to 238 surface parking spaces
- Passenger pick-up and drop-off area (Kiss & Ride)
- 6-bay bus loop for local transit connections
- Bicycle shelters and scooter parking
- 12-car platform with a snowmelt system, to keep you dry in the winter
- A bike lane and bike shelters with direct access to the platform, to keep you safe and connected
- Easy access to station from Highway 404 for drop off and pickups.
Modern amenities have been added to enhance comfort for a better customer experience.
- Built to achieve LEED Gold certification
- Platform canopy with designated waiting areas and heated shelters
- Better lighting, clearer signage and improved landscaping
- Parking structure equipped with car counting system which allow customers to locate available parking spots faster.
In the news
History is made as Bloomington GO Station opens doors for the first time
June 28, 2021
Over the past year, Metrolinx News has been covering the progress made on Bloomington GO Station, providing updates on the newest addition to the Richmond Hill GO Line. Today (June 28) the station opened its doors for the very first time, giving customers a chance to experience this new, state-of-the-art facility that will now provide even more transit options for customers in Richmond Hill, Aurora, and Whitchurch-Stouffville. [Read More]
Metrolinx announces official opening date for Bloomington GO Transit Station
June 16, 2021
An all-new, state-of-the-art station will soon provide customers in York Region with more service options, helping them get to where they need to need to be better, faster, and easier. Here’s a rundown on what customers will be seeing.
Bloomington GO Station starts to take shape as construction moves forward into 2020
December 17, 2019
Bloomington GO – an all-new station – is currently under construction in York Region. Once complete, it will become the new terminus at the northern tip of the Richmond Hill line. It’s time to take a look at how far the construction progress has come. [Read More]
New GO Station blooms in Richmond Hill
September 13, 2019 Brand new Bloomington GO Station will connect communities in York Region – almost two-thirds complete.
Subscribe to e-newsletter
Sign-up for Richmond Hill line updates
Subscribe for the latest news from Metrolinx. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Improvements are underway along the Lakeshore West Line to support more frequent, faster service.
We're transforming GO Transit to bring more frequent two-way, all-day service to the Barrie Line.