New GO train express options for Lakeshore East line
Weekday options add flexibility for customers.
Apr 17, 2019
A new express GO Train service on the Lakeshore East line offers more choice for transit users and commuters travelling from Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax and Pickering.
The new express train service, which began April 17, is in addition to improvements previously introduced, including:
- 15-minute midday service between Oshawa GO Station and Union Station from Monday to Friday, representing a total of 27 new train trips and a doubling of midday, weekday service.
- The opening of new Park and Ride lots in Durham Region to make it easier for commuters and transit users in Oshawa and Courtice to connect with the GO Train at Oshawa GO.
- Allowing kids, 12 and under, to ride free on GO Transit.
“By offering more trips when customers need them most, we’re making GO an even better fit for our customers’ busy lives,” said Phil Verster, President and CEO of Metrolinx.
“We are growing services for our customers every few months and we are committed to continuously improving how we serve the communities that rely on us each and every day.”
Here are the trip details:
- A new weekday morning express GO Train leaving from Oshawa GO Station at 7:50 a.m., then serving Whitby, Ajax and Pickering GO stations, before arriving at Union at 8:42 a.m. This train will have 12 coaches.
- The return trip will leave Union Station at 4:50 p.m., running express to Pickering GO Station, then stopping at Ajax and Whitby GO stations before arriving at Oshawa GO Station at 5:43 p.m. This train will also have 12 coaches.