Click here to view upcoming, ongoing, and past events.
Lakeshore West Line GO Expansion
- Burloak Drive Grade Separation
Burloak Drive Grade Separation
Metrolinx’s GO Expansion program is delivering more GO service across the network, including trains every 15 minutes or better on the Lakeshore West line.
To support the increase in GO service, Metrolinx is working with the City of Burlington and the Town of Oakville to build the Burloak Drive grade separation which will improve traffic flow without having to wait for trains to pass.
Separating Burloak Drive from the rail tracks will deliver the following benefits:
- Allow Metrolinx to deliver increased GO service levels on the Lakeshore West line supporting more frequent, two-way, all-day rail service
- Optimize traffic flow and enhance pedestrian and vehicular safety
- Widen Burloak Drive to accommodate 4 lanes of vehicular traffic with provisions for a future 6 lane road.
- Improvements at Superior Court and Prince William Drive, as well as minor improvements at Harvester and Wyecroft Roads.
- Dedicated multi use pathways along the boulevard and on street bicycle lanes.
Early works for the project are currently underway. Check out the construction notices page for more information.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact the Halton Region Community Engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming public engagement session
From August 21 - September 29, 2023 Metrolinx will be hosting a public engagement session on the Burloak Drive grade separation. We know you have questions about the project, and we're here to answer them.
Subscribe to e-newsletter
Sign up for Halton Region updates
Get updates about the project delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.
We're transforming GO Transit to bring more frequent two-way, all-day service to the Barrie Line.