Changes coming to GO Train service in April
Starting April 8, customers across the GO network can expect a host of changes.
Mar 24, 2023
Good news for customers travelling on the Kitchener and Milton GO Lines.
New, two-way weekend GO Train service is being introduced on the Kitchener Line, which means customers travelling between Brampton and Toronto can now do so all week long.
As of April 8, the service will run hourly in both directions between Mount Pleasant GO and Union Station:
- The first eastbound trip will depart Mount Pleasant GO at 7:49 a.m. and the last trip will depart at 10:49 p.m.
- On the other end, the first westbound trip will depart Union Station at 8:51 a.m. and the last trip will depart at 11:51 p.m.
The service will be complimented with new weekend GO Buses servicing Waterloo, Kitchener, and Guelph. Those buses, routes 30 and 33, will seamlessly connect with GO Trains at Mount Pleasant and Bramalea GO Stations.
The new rail service will replace existing weekend GO Bus service on route 31 but won’t service the Etobicoke North GO station - customers will have to check schedules before traveling.
Changes are also coming to weekday service on the Kitchener Line:
- One additional express trip will depart Kitchener GO at 8:08 a.m. and arrive at Union Station at 9:43 a.m.
- An additional trip will depart Bramalea GO at 9:22 a.m., making all stops to Union Station.
- In the afternoon, customers can take the 4:34 p.m. departing from Union Station. That train will extend past Bramalea GO to Georgetown GO, arriving at 5:35 p.m.
More trips coming for the Milton Line
Starting April 10, customers travelling on the Milton Line will also have more options during weekday morning and afternoon rush:
- In the morning, one additional trip will depart Milton GO Station at 6:59 a.m., arriving at Union Station at 8:03 a.m.
- And in the afternoon, one additional trip will depart Union Station at 6:25 p.m., arriving at Milton GO at 7:27 p.m.
Metrolinx is also adjusting existing service to provide more consistent departure times:
- The 6:44 a.m. train from Milton GO will depart 15 minutes earlier, at 6:29 a.m.
- The 5:10 p.m. train from Union Station will depart 15 minutes earlier, at 4:55 p.m.
Buses to replace off-peak train trips
Metrolinx will also temporarily shift some off-peak rail service to bus service on the Barrie, Stouffville, Lakeshore West and Lakeshore East Lines.
This is a temporary shift and will begin April 8.
It’s being done to allow more down time along the tracks for important project construction and overall maintenance work on the tracks.
Get all the details on changes coming to GO Bus schedules here.
Customers can learn more about these changes, check schedules and plan ahead by visiting GOtransit.com
by Nitish Bissonauth Metrolinx bilingual editorial content advisor