Setting the stage for GO Expansion
Small improvements amount to big change across the GO rail network.
Feb 24, 2023
All of the Early Station Improvement projects are now finished at 28 GO stations.
It’s now easier to get information about GO services and schedules, with 335 new digital signs at 22 GO stations:
- Barrie Line: Bradford, Newmarket
- Kitchener Line: Acton, Guelph, Mount Pleasant
- Lakeshore East Line: Ajax, Guildwood, Oshawa, Pickering, Scarborough, Whitby
- Lakeshore West Line: Appleby, Oakville, West Harbour
- Milton Line: Erindale, Lisgar, Streetsville
- Richmond Hill Line: Gormley, Old Cummer
- Stouffville Line: Centennial, Mount Joy, Stouffville
In addition to these signs, Whitby and Appleby GO stations will now benefit from new electrical rooms to improve reliability and prepare for increased service.
After more than three years of steady work, ESI project has laid the groundwork to successfully move forward with the largest transit capital infrastructure program in the province’s history.
These upgrades are a key part of GO Expansion, to enhance and maintain the safety and accessibility of our existing stations while GO prepares for major work that will bring improved service along core segments of the GO rail network over the next 10 years.
by Mark Ostler Metrolinx communications senior advisor