(Hazel McCallion Line)
Expected Completion: fall 2024
More Transit Choices for Growing Cities
Metrolinx is naming the Hurontario light rail transit (LRT) project as the Hazel McCallion Line, to commemorate the former Mississauga mayor. The project will continue to be referred to as the Hurontario LRT project while construction is underway, but will adopt the name once the line opens.
Once in service, the 18-kilometre Hazel McCallion Line will bring a new, environmentally friendly and reliable method of transportation to a rapidly growing region. The new transit system will feature 19 stops, travel through two urban growth centres and connect to major transit systems including GO Transit (Milton and Lakeshore West lines), the Mississauga Transitway, Brampton Transit, ZUM and MiWay. The Hazel McCallion Line will operate in its own dedicated lane ensuring a smooth, reliable and convenient ride along the region’s busiest street.
As Mississauga and Brampton expands with new residents, businesses and amenities, sustainable and reliable transit becomes vital. The Hazel McCallion Line will operate with clean, electrically powered light rail vehicles, producing near zero emissions. So, not only does the LRT line get cars off the road, but it’s a more sustainable, environmentally conscious way to travel!
From Mississauga to Brampton and all the connections in between. It’s happening.
Hurontario LRT route:
stops including four major transit hubs
Kilometers of light rail transit
Transit systems and rail connections
along the route
In October 2019, Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario (IO) officially announced Mobilinx is the winning bidder for the Hurontario Light Rail Transit project, bringing one of the largest infrastructure projects in Ontario to Peel Region.
Major construction began in 2021 with the completion date anticipated for fall 2024.
- Cooksville GO Platform View
- Cooksville GO Street View
- County Court Street View
- Elevated Guideway
- Matheson Street View
- Port Credit GO Platform View
- Port Credit GO Street View
Remember to support local businesses during construction. See here for the latest work happening in your community.
- Overnight work and turn restrictions on Hillcrest Avenue at Hurontario Street September 29, 2022 to October 28, 2022
- Constuction begins on the Eaglewood Boulevard Bridge with Piling Activities at Mary Fix Creek
- Partial Intersection Closures for Track Installations along Hurontario Street October 2022
- Nighttime Work near Dundas Street and Hurontario Street 7 p.m. on 16th September 2022 to 7 a.m. on 19th September 2022
- Overnight Work on the Lakeshore West Rail Corridor at Port Credit Station September 2022 to early 2022 between the hours of 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Road Closure at Mineola Road West and Hurontario Street Monday September 12 to Sunday September 18, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Road Closure at Pinewood Trail and Hurontario Street Wednesday September 7 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Alectra duct bank installations on Hurontario Street, between 407 ETR and Ray Lawson Boulevard Beginning September 6 - 22
- Partial Intersection Closures for Track Installations along Hurontario Street August 28 to September 28
- Traffic lane painting on Hurontario Street from Topflight Drive to 407 ETR Beginning August 24
- Road Closure at Mineola Road East and Hurontario Street August 23 to August 30
- Lane Closures and Overnight Works along Rathburn Road between Station Gate and City Center Drive August 20-22
- Guideway Construction on Hurontario Street from Derry Road to Topflight Drive, and on Topflight Drive and Edwards Blvd Beginning August 7