Hamilton: A vibrant and growing city where more Canadians choose to live, work and play than ever before. Rich with history, culture, sports, a booming restaurant scene and so much more, it will only continue to grow. Metrolinx’s expansion of GO Transit services means more benefits, including an increase in residents and businesses calling Hamilton home.
In 2021, Metrolinx launched hourly, all-day service, seven days a week between West Harbour GO and Toronto’s Union Station. Our focus remains strong in our commitment to enhance GO service and transit connections in Hamilton. We are building a transit network that will support the region’s needs for decades to come and this service increase is an important step forward to realizing that goal.
More GO train service to Hamilton is just one part of Metrolinx’s broader commitment to build a modern and sustainable transit network. This includes work underway to reinstate the Hamilton light rail transit (LRT) project.
growth by 2041
service at West Harbour GO
express GO Bus trips between
Hamilton and Union
Benefits to the Community:
One of Metrolinx’s top priorities is to bring more service to Hamilton. Through the GO Expansion program, Hamilton residents will receive even more service than exists today. Transit service will consist of a blend of train and bus services that will take transit riders to Hamilton GO Centre, West Harbour and the future Confederation GO Station.
A new self-serve rail station at Confederation GO in Stoney Creek will enable two-way train service from Toronto through Hamilton and on to Niagara Falls. This project is currently in procurement.
- How a new track at Aldershot GO helps unlock train service into Hamilton
- All day GO train service coming to Hamilton this summer
- Grab your PRESTO Hamilton – HSR is going paperless
- Getting rid of the ‘bottlenecks’ – Here’s how GO Expansion of infrastructure through the Hamilton Junction area is moving ahead
- Hamilton’s John Street Bridge gets major rebuild – See the time-lapse video here
- Unlocking More GO Train Service to Hamilton and on to Niagara region
- Hamilton light rail transit project makes another move forward
- Metrolinx will begin tearing down 21 unsafe buildings in Hamilton starting December 3
- For safety’s sake – Demolition of vacant properties purchased in Hamilton begin this fall