Review the latest construction notices and community documents.
Lakeshore West Line GO Expansion
- Long Branch GO Station
Long Branch GO Station
An upgraded and accessible station is on the way
To help support this work, Metrolinx is upgrading the rail network and stations to enable more frequent and fully accessible service. This includes accessibility and amenity upgrades to Toronto’s Long Branch GO Station, to serve you better and get you where you need to go.
The upgraded Long Branch GO Station will include:
- New accessible east and west tunnel with elevator and stair connections to platform level
- New east entrance building with barrier-free washrooms and a waiting area
- New west entrance building with elevator and stair connection to a new west tunnel
- Revisions to existing parking lot, including a passenger pick-up & drop-off area, bike lanes, pedestrian walkways, and bike shelters
- New secure bicycle storage room
- Upgrades to communication, mechanical and electrical systems
- Improved access from Edgeware Drive, including improvements to the existing staircase from Edgeware to the north platform that will have canopy coverage
- Rehabilitation of existing platforms including snow melt systems, heated shelters, elevators, stairs, accessibility platforms and integrated platform canopies
- Provisions for two-way, all-day rail service
- Enabling works for electrification, including grounding and bonding, integration of the future OCS foundations with canopies and platform architecture
If you have any questions about this project, please contact us the Toronto West Community Engagement team at TorontoWest@metrolinx.com or call us at 416-202-6911.
In the news
Check back for news on Long Branch GO Station.
Subscribe to e-newsletter
Sign up for Toronto West updates
Subscribe for the latest news from Metrolinx. You can unsubscribe at any time.
We're transforming GO Transit to bring more frequent two-way, all-day service to the Barrie Line.