Review the latest construction notices and community documents for the project.
Lakeshore East Line GO Expansion
- Eglinton GO Station
Eglinton GO Station
A more accessible Eglinton GO Station is coming.
Eglinton GO Station, located near the intersection of Eglinton Avenue East and McCowan Road, was built in 1978 and received its most recent rehabilitation in 2000. A project has been initiated to upgrade the station to provide full passenger accessibility to the station building, the side platforms, north and south parking lots, and the pick-up, drop-off (PUDO) area.
Accessibility upgrades at Eglinton GO Station are the second phase of a two-phase project and will prepare the station to support increased two-way, all-day service in years to come.
When the scope of work is completed for the Eglinton GO Accessibility Upgrades project, the station will be fully accessible and will comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Work to upgrade Eglinton GO Station and make it fully accessible will include:
- Four new elevators and stairwells on the existing two side platforms
- Connection of elevators and stairwells to the two previously installed pedestrian tunnels under the rail tracks
- Mechanical and electrical rooms for new services in the tunnels
- Mini-platforms to enable boarding and exiting accessibility coaches; accessible route canopies (from elevators to mini-platforms); digital signage and tactile edge tiles on the platforms
- Heat traced ramps to the north platform on the west side and to the east tunnel on the east side
- North vestibule to the east tunnel with seating, automated fare purchase and digital signage
- Rehabilitation of the PUDO area
- Required shelter relocations, platform widening and repairs as required to implement above scope elements on the platforms.
In the news
Innovative canopy lift at Eglinton GO takes project to new heights
Nov. 4, 2022
New video shows first time a pre-built platform canopy getting hoisted into place at GO station. [Read more]
Enhanced accessibility work starts today at Eglinton GO Station
Sep. 24, 2022
Construction on accessibility upgrades at Eglinton GO Station is starting. [Read more]
Find more updates on Metrolinx News.
Connect with us on social
Subscribe to e-newsletter
Sign-up for updates from Metrolinx
Subscribe for the latest news from Metrolinx. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Improvements are underway along the Lakeshore West Line to support more frequent, faster service.
We're transforming GO Transit to bring more frequent two-way, all-day service to the Barrie Line.