Ontario’s One Fare Program launching February 26
- Ontario’s One Fare Program launching February 26
New program making it more affordable to transfer between TTC, GO Transit and participating local transit systems
Feb. 5, 2024 - Taking transit, including transferring from one transit system to another, should be convenient and affordable.
That’s why the province, Metrolinx and local transit partners are working together to connect communities across the region. Through Ontario’s One Fare Program, taking transit from Brampton to Oshawa or anywhere in between, will be more simple, convenient, and affordable.
Transit riders will only pay once when connecting to and from the TTC and GO Transit, Brampton Transit, Durham Region Transit, MiWay and York Region Transit.
The One Fare discount will be applied automatically when customers tap a PRESTO card, credit or debit, or PRESTO in Google Wallet to connect between GO Transit, TTC and the participating transit systems.
For an adult who commutes five days a week, this could save them an average of $1,600 per year.
More affordable transit makes it easier to leave your car at home when commuting to and from work, heading to a sporting event or concert, or visiting family and friends.
How Ontario’s One Fare Program works:
- PRESTO automatically calculates a 100 per cent discount and applies it to a PRESTO card, credit or debit card or PRESTO in Google Wallet.
- Transfers are valid for two hours for trips started on local transit and within three hours of the start of a GO bus or train trip.
- The payment method used to tap and pay a fare is a customer’s proof of payment. Riders approached for fare inspection will need to tap the card, phone or watch used on the inspection device.
- For trips connecting between TTC and GO Transit, the TTC component of the trip will become free, regardless of travel direction (cost of TTC trip is discounted from overall trip cost).
- For trips connecting between TTC and local transit systems, the second portion of the trip will become free (first payment will enable a two-hour free transfer across all systems).
Keep in mind, customers paying fares with PRESTO in Google Wallet, credit or debit card, must tap on and off with the same card.
For more information, contact Metrolinx Media Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
For customers, please visit Metrolinx – Contact Us to contact our customer service team.