More GO train service for Markham, Brampton, Etobicoke
Metrolinx is increasing GO train service on the Kitchener and Stouffville lines on April 8.
Mar 27, 2019
New weekday morning trip options between Bramalea GO and Union Station will give customers new choices at popular morning commuting times while midday weekday GO train service along the Stouffville line will be extended from Unionville GO to Mount Joy GO.
“Offering more trip options gives our existing and new customers more reasons to choose transit for travelling,” said Phil Verster, president and CEO, of Metrolinx. “We are growing our services every few months and we always improve how we serve our communities who already rely on us each and every day.”
New trip details are as follows:
- A new trip will leave Bramalea GO Station at 7:55 a.m., serving all stops before arriving at Union Station at 8:33 a.m.
- The existing 8:33 a.m. trip from Malton GO will now start at Bramalea GO at 8:27 a.m., arriving at Union Station at 9:05.
- Five midday trips in each direction along the Stouffville GO line will now serve Centennial, Markham and Mount Joy GO stations.
Metrolinx is also expanding the size of some trains to give customers a more comfortable commute. The following changes will also take effect on April 8:
- The 7:36 a.m. train from Pickering GO to Union Station will be extended from 10 to 12 coaches.
- The 6.55 a.m. train from Union Station to Pickering GO will be extended from 10 to 12 coaches.
- The 8.28 a.m. train from Union Station to Mimico GO will be extended from 10 to 12 coaches.
- With the 8.33 a.m. train from Malton GO now beginning at Bramalea at 8:27 a.m., it will also be extended from six to 10 coaches.
There will also be other minor schedule adjustments to train and bus service. Customers can stay in the know by signing up for On the GO alerts, following GO Transit on Twitter, and by checking in at gotransit.com/servicechanges before they travel.