Barrie, Stouffville & Lakeshore West get more train options
Starting June 29, we’re bringing more GO train options to get you where you want to go.
Jun 28, 2019
Summer is in full swing and GO Transit is giving their customers even more ways to take transit to their favourite destinations.
This includes extended weekend train trips along the Barrie line, new late-night eastbound express service from Aldershot to Long Branch GO Stations, and an extended evening Stouffville Line trip from Unionville to Mount Joy.
Here’s what you need to know:
- We’re bringing more weekend GO train options to Barrie to make it easier for you to spend time with family and friends or have a fun weekend getaway.
- The last Stouffville train every weeknight will now be extended to serve Centennial, Markham and Mount Joy GO stations.
- We’re offering customers five late-night express trips from Aldershot GO to Long Branch GO seven days a week.
Starting June 29, we’re extending four weekend train trips to Allandale Waterfront GO. There will be changes to some weekend train and bus trips to fit the extended train trips into the schedules.
- If you’re going to Barrie, trains at 11:40 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. will take you from Union Station to Allandale Waterfront GO, making all stops.
- If you’re coming from Barrie, trains at 4:20 p.m. and 8:40 p.m. will take you from Allandale Waterfront GO to Union Station, making all stops.
- We’ve also scheduled a number of trips to depart 10 to 30 minutes laterto fit the extended trips into the weekend schedules.Be sure to check your new schedule.
Starting June 29, the 8 p.m. Stouffville line train will be extended to serve Centennial GO at 8:45 p.m., Markham GO at 8:50 p.m. and Mount Joy GO at 8:54 p.m. While this trip replaces the 8:42 p.m. and 8:47 p.m. weekday northbound bus trips from Unionville GO, a bus from Mount Joy GO at 9:02 p.m. will connect customers to Stouffville GO and Lincolnville GO stations.
- The 7:18 p.m. weekday northbound trip from Union Station will now depart at 7:10 p.m. and times will be eight minutes earlierat all stops with arrival at Lincolnville GO at 8:23 p.m. Times on connecting buses will also be earlier.
- The 9:17 a.m. weekday southbound trip from Lincolnville GO will now depart at 9:14 a.m. and times will be three minutes earlierat all stops, with arrival at Union Station at 10:32 a.m. Times on connecting buses will also be earlier.
We know that every minute counts, so please check the schedules to make sure you get to your platform at the right time.
Starting June 29, we’re offering five late-night express trips from Aldershot GO to Long Branch GO seven days a week. The trips will depart Aldershot GO at 12:01 a.m., 12:31 a.m., 1:01 a.m., 1:31 a.m. and 2:01 a.m., and arrive at Long Branch GO at 12:30 a.m., 1 a.m., 1:30 a.m., 2 a.m. and 2:30 a.m.
We already have to move these trains between these locations every night to get them to our train maintenance facility in Etobicoke, so we figured we’d give customers a ride since we’re going that way anyway.
by Scott Money Metrolinx editorial content manager