Personal Track Safety Program
With an ambitious goal of 15 minute all-day electrified rail service, Metrolinx is changing the way people move across the region. In the coming years, many construction, maintenance, and rail specialist companies will work together to achieve this transformative vision of our rail infrastructure. Metrolinx’ first priority is to ensure that the people who help bring this vision to life, do so safely.
With the increases to both the volume of service running on Metrolinx rail infrastructure and the increased number of construction activities happening on or around Metrolinx railways, a more robust method of training is required. All individuals working on our rail network must be trained in the hazards and risks of this environment before they begin work.
To help ensure the safety of everyone working on our rail network, Metrolinx has launched a comprehensive Personal Track Safety (PTS) program that will be required by all workers accessing the Metrolinx Right-of-Way (ROW).
Who needs to take the PTS program?
PTS is required by all workers working in the Right-of-Way.
Right-of-Way refers to the Metrolinx-owned and operated on subdivisions of railway, infrastructure, rail/maintenance/layover yards, and all property between property fences, or if no fence, everywhere within 15m from the outermost rail.
Metrolinx prequalified rail protection provider employees may choose to test-out of the course, please review and complete the form below if you meet these requirements.
What to expect?
The PTS program will consist of the following:
- Complete the online Registration Form for a course.
- A one-day live streamed event. This event will be facilitated by rail industry experts who will share their knowledge and experience working in a railway environment.
- A final assessment consisting of:
- An optional post-work scenario case study for additional practice,
- An evaluation of the live event course,
- A final test. This test will test your knowledge on all elements of the live event session, and
- PTS ID Card Information Form.
How do I register?
Your PTS Registration must be completed by 3 p.m. (1500) the Friday prior to the event. The registration process is as follows:
Select a preferred date from the course registration dates listed below and complete the registration online. You will receive your registration confirmation email containing course details the week prior to the session from email address CPGSafetyTraining@metrolinx.com.
It is highly recommended that you review the following pre-work material before attending the course as the documentation contains information that prepares you for the content delivered in the live event.
Please note: If you later wish to change your date, you will be required to select a new date and complete the registration process again. Metrolinx cannot move participants between event dates.
Links to registration dates, to be updated monthly.
- PTS Registration – January 12, 2021 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – January 14, 2021 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – January 19, 2021 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – January 21, 2021 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – January 26, 2021 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – January 28, 2021 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – February 4, 2021 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – February 11, 2021 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – February 18, 2021 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – February 25, 2021 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
When registered for a course session, you will receive a registration confirmation email the week before your session date that contains the course details and links to supporting documentation for the course. Add this course date and time to your calendar as a formal meeting invite is not sent out.