Personal Track Safety Program
With an ambitious goal of 15 minute all-day electrified rail service, Metrolinx is changing the way people move across the region. In the coming years, many construction, maintenance, and rail specialist companies will work together to achieve this transformative vision of our rail infrastructure. Metrolinx’ first priority is to ensure that the people who help bring this vision to life, do so safely.
With the increases to both the volume of service running on Metrolinx rail infrastructure and the increased number of construction activities happening on or around Metrolinx railways, a more robust method of training is required. All individuals working on our rail network must be trained in the hazards and risks of this environment before they begin work.
To help ensure the safety of everyone working on our rail network, Metrolinx has launched a comprehensive Personal Track Safety (PTS) program that will be required by all workers accessing the Metrolinx Right-of-Way (ROW).
Who needs to take the PTS program?
The target audience for the PTS program at launch will be the following:
- Anyone working within Metrolinx ROW,
- Anyone working under a form of rail protection on a Metrolinx site, and
- Anyone working on a piece of Metrolinx owned rail infrastructure (e.g. bridges, tunnels, etc.).
For Metrolinx approved Canadian Rail Operating Rules (CROR) qualified employees looking to test-out of the course more details will be available in the near future.
What to expect?
The PTS program will consist of the following:
- A pre-work package that will be completed with your registration package.
- A one-day live streamed event. This event will be facilitated by rail industry experts who will share their knowledge and experience working in a railway environment.
- A final assessment consisting of:
- A post-work pack that will help you apply what has been learned.
- A final test. This test will test your knowledge on all elements of the program.
How do I register?
Your PTS Registration must be completed by 3 p.m. (1500) the Friday prior to the event. The registration process has two steps:
Step 1 — Review the pre-work material. This pack includes a series of slides that must be reviewed, as well as a Participant Guide for the day of the event. As part of the registration process, you will be asked a series of questions to validate that you have reviewed this material.
Step 2 — Select a preferred date and register. All registrations and pre-work exercise submissions are sent to PTS Registration to review and approve registration. From the list of session dates, click the link for your preferred date.
Please note: If you later wish to change your date, you will be required to select a new date and complete the registration process again. Metrolinx cannot move participants between event dates.
Links to registration dates, to be updated monthly.
- PTS Registration – July 2, 2020 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – July 7, 2020 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – July 9, 2020 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – July 14, 2020 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – July 16, 2020 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – July 21, 2020 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – July 23, 2020 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – July 28, 2020 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – July 30, 2020 – 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – August 4, 2020 - 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – August 6, 2020 - 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – August 11, 2020 - 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – August 13, 2020 - 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – August 18, 2020 - 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – August 20, 2020 - 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – August 25, 2020 - 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- PTS Registration – August 27, 2020 - 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
After successful registration, you will receive a registration confirmation and a meeting invitation outlining event access and further course details.