Expected Completion: fall 2024
More Transit Choices for Growing Cities
The 18-kilometre Hurontario Light Rail Transit will bring a new, environmentally friendly and reliable method of transportation to a rapidly growing region. The new transit system will feature 19 stops, travel through two urban growth centres and connect to major transit systems including GO Transit (Milton and Lakeshore West lines), the Mississauga Transitway, Brampton Transit, ZUM and MiWay. The Hurontario LRT will also have its own dedicated lane ensuring a smooth, reliable and convenient ride along the region’s busiest street.
As Mississauga and Brampton expands with new residents, businesses and amenities, sustainable and reliable transit becomes vital. The Hurontario LRT is made with clean, electrically powered light rail vehicles, producing near zero emissions. So, not only does the Hurontario LRT get cars off the road, but it’s a more sustainable, environmentally conscious way to travel!
From Mississauga to Brampton and all the connections in between. The Hurontario LRT – It’s happening.
Hurontario LRT route:
stops including four major transit hubs
Kilometers of light rail transit
Transit systems and rail connections
along the route
In October 2019, Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario (IO) officially announced Mobilinx is the winning bidder for the Hurontario Light Rail Transit project, bringing one of the largest infrastructure projects in Ontario to Peel Region.
Major construction began in 2021 with the completion date anticipated for fall 2024.
- Cooksville GO Platform View
- Cooksville GO Street View
- County Court Street View
- Elevated Guideway
- Matheson Street View
- Port Credit GO Platform View
- Port Credit GO Street View
Remember to support local businesses during construction. See here for the latest work happening in your community.
- Construction Update: Temporary Traffic Restrictions at Topflight Drive and Edwards Boulevard, July 2021
- Construction Update: Utility Relocation and Road Widening on Hurontario Street from Matthews Gate to Eglinton Avenue and on Rathburn Road, July 2021
- Construction Update: Utility Relocation and Road Widening on Hurontario Street from Pinetree Way to Matthews Gate, June 2021
- New Traffic Configuration and Temporary Road Closure: Eaglewood Boulevard at Hurontario Street, June 2021
- Construction Update: Utility Relocation and Road Widening on Hurontario Street from Matheson Boulevard to Highway 407, June 2021
- Construction Update: Structural Work in the North and South Parking Lots at Port Credit GO Station, March 2021
- Construction Update: Utility Relocation and Road Widening on Hurontario Street from Lakeshore Road East to Pinetree Way, January 2021
- Construction Update: Utility Relocation on Hurontario from Matheson Boulevard to Highway 407, September 2020
- Construction Update: Median Removals on Hurontario Street between Dundas Street and Matheson Boulevard, May 2020