Metrolinx is recognized as one of the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2014
Metrolinx is honoured to be one of the winners of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2014, a select group of organizations that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work.
The Greater Toronto's Top Employers, organized by the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers, evaluates the employers using eight criteria: physical workplace, work atmosphere and social, health, financial and family benefits, vacation and time off, employee communications, performance management, training and skills development and community involvement. Employers in the Greater Toronto Area are compared to other organizations in their field to determine which offers the most progressive and forward-thinking programs.
This award recognizes that Metrolinx has carefully listened, and developed, through its strong policies, competitive benefits and compensation programs, the foundation to attract, retain and motivate a talented workforce that is, and will continue to be critical to its success.
A few of our initiatives worth noting:
- Metrolinx focuses on talent management, with a strong commitment to training and development of employees.
- Metrolinx is an equal opportunity employer; we recruit talented young people but also experienced and mature employees.
- Metrolinx offers a work environment which places a high priority on employee health and wellness.
- Metrolinx encourages innovation and wants every employee to feel empowered to share creative new ideas and approaches.
- Metrolinx is involved in the community; we take part in local social activities, inform the public about transportation and transit projects and support the community by numerous fundraising efforts.
Employee-led initiatives and programs played a major role in helping Metrolinx become an employer of choice.
“We are creating a great workplace where our values lead our actions and help us move toward our mission of improving transportation in the region,” said Bruce McCuaig, Metrolinx President and CEO. “Our skilled and committed staff in all of our programs and operating divisions, including GO Transit, UP Express and PRESTO are the reason we are seeing progress on the Big Move, our regional transportation plan for the GTHA, with $16 Billion in projects being built today.”