Metrolinx is one of Canada’s top employers for young people
Metrolinx is proud to be one of the winners of
Canada’s Top Employers
for Young People 2013 award. This award recognizes Metrolinx as among the employers from
across Canada that offer the best benefits for younger workers and help
recent graduates build long-term careers.
Metrolinx’s ability to meet the transportation challenges of today
and tomorrow will be through the diverse expertise of our employees. We
continue to develop strong professional and leadership development
programs to attract and train the next generation of professionals
• The Rob MacIsaac Fellowship Program, a unique opportunity for
post-secondary students to demonstrate leadership and innovation in
the transportation area, while developing and applying research in a
public sector setting that positively impacts the region.
• Co-op terms are offered in various departments across the
• Internships which provide recent graduates the opportunity to
obtain practical experience.
• Tuition subsidies for employees interested in pursuing
post-graduate education or other development opportunities.
• The Truck and Coach Technicians Apprenticeship Program, in
partnership with Centennial College, training young people to become
certified skilled workers.
• Our summer student program offering a wide range of positions
across the organization.
Winning the Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2013 award
reaffirms that Metrolinx is an employer of choice that attracts and
retains the best talent, and an organization that in addition to doing
great work is also great to work at.